Thursday, June 24, 2021

My FANDOM appeal was denied, my official statement on the matter

 "Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience." -C.S. Lewis



As of now, I am no longer the leader of ATT FANDOM. By the time I have posted this I have been globally banned on FANDOM for good, my appeal was denied. My faith it continues to be a good place to host a branch of our site has been irreparably shaken, and from this day onward I will never patronize their services as a contributor in any capacity because it is clear I'm never wanted back by certain parties within their administration, a fact that saddens me, but which I respect as their decision and ask anyone else who has any regard for me to respect as well.



The matter that triggered this was a blog post on the wiki detailing how I held some rather "politically incorrect" views regarding certain policies of FANDOM that I consider inane, foolish, and otherwise found abhorrent to my religious beliefs and personal morals (see my previous blog post). Despite the fact the post was written to make an object lesson saying that I would enforce their policies loyally regardless because I acknowledged they had the final say, my post was deemed so offensive it earned me a global ban with no warning whatsoever because I dared comment on something politically and socially charged despite admitting my personal feelings would not prevent me from executing FANDOM's wishes to the letter, and that I expected everyone else to be as obedient as myself to the same.



It has become more than obvious to me that mere obedience to that which one does not like is not enough, I must force myself to love and accept it, which no person, group, government, or anyone but myself has any right to demand of me. I serve the laws of the United States because I'm a loyal citizen, but I refuse to pretend I agree with them all, though I agree to serve them. Abraham Lincoln considered slavery a moral evil but one he had no power to destroy at the time because it was, at the time he came to this conclusion, legal. Under the same logic, I too serve laws I consider otherwise offensive to my morals and ethics, though that loyalty to the law does not mean I will ever refuse to tell the truth as to whether I approve of having to do so.



That said, that is a bridge too far, and I will never betray my own conscience for the benefit of anyone, anywhere, at any time. There is no legal, moral, or ethical reason to make me do so, and I would rather suffer death than be forced to do so. Since any further service at FANDOM (which is permanently off the table now by default) requires me, despite years of sterling service, to now betray my conscience, I must now stand apart from it because I was asked to step over a line no one will ever have the right to make me cross.



Even if I had been granted a second chance, I no longer have the confidence I can contribute to FANDOM in any capacity with dignity and honor regardless. As for those who remain, if you wish to leave as well, please do so quietly and peacefully. Make no trouble for FANDOM's staff. Like what they've done or not, it is their place, not mine, and they reserve the right to expel anyone they please, and I will honor that, and if you must cease using their services, I ask you to do the same. If you wish to remain, I recommend you be willing to accept whatever demands they make of you, and whether they are matters dire enough to make you feel you would betray yourself to remain is your decision. Regardless, if you remain, make no trouble for them whatsoever, so long as you continue to use their service at their pleasure.



I have left others with the power to take over and run day to day operations who have agreed to pick up the torch where I left off, and I will have no input on their decisions, they will be the new masters, I will have no input at FANDOM anymore, nor do I want any. According to their response to me, the community may vote on others to have my original bureaucrat rights so they may elect a new one with the blessing of FANDOM, please vote on whom you believe would best suit your interests without regard as to my opinion on the matter, your conscience on this will deserve and should be given my absolute respect.



That said, I will move on to other projects, and I can be contacted at other venues for those projects. I am grateful to the FANDOM staff who have regarded me fairly throughout and wish them the best with future endeavors. As for those who wronged me, I bear them no malice, and I hope my leaving them in peace is a benefit to us both.

2 comments:

  1. I love how you still think you're the victim in all this, when you were warned repeatedly and yet couldn't help yourself but make it obvious that your bias against LGBT people was transparent and interfered with your ability to appear impartial. You have no one to blame but yourself, and nobody has wronged you. Take your medicine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's nice, but much like I care nothing for FANDOM now, nor do I care about your opinion. You're entitled to it, but I stand by everything I've done and you can just seethe some more if that bothers you. I enforced FANDOM's policies loyally, I just refused to pretend I enjoyed it, which is my right as a human being. If my not being a mindless drone bothers you that much, then I rejoice in your scorn for my ability to think for myself.

      Delete

A Farewell to My Father

 My father just passed April 1, 2024 6:36 PM. For those reading this, I want to make absolutely clear the world lost a great man named John ...