Friday, June 25, 2021

I'm now no longer running either branch of All The Tropes

 Since FANDOM expelled me for good, and since for my own personal sanity and my belief I'm doing more harm to the other branch by proxy by remaining in any position of authority, I have stripped myself of any power (save the bureaucrat right, Miraheze staff need to remove that by communal consent) and have taken an indefinite sabbatical.

My official announcement can be found here:

http://www.accessdenied-rms.net/forums/showthread.php?tid=14133&pid=203449#pid203449

If this becomes a permanent banishment from both, I will accept that if the community on Miraheze wishes it. I may have been one of the founders, but I won't oppose it if the community decides I've become a millstone or detrimental to its continuance.

As for me, I need to step away. I don't need the stress, the loss of sanity, nor the hassle of any more drama. I have the good sense to know I should walk away and this is not the first time I have had to give up power for the good of others. The one type of person I fear the most in this world is someone who craves power and resents its loss, and I refuse to be that type of person. Power is a responsibility, and I believe my exercise of it of late may have caused more harm than good, and while that was the result of me choosing to exercise my sovereign right to not be silent about what I considered unjust and immoral, I suffered for it and others have by proxy, and I'm going to do what I can to make sure it goes no further.

If that means surrendering power and not having any part in something I built, so be it, I can move on to other things if this becomes permanent. If I do return, whenever that is, it will be whenever any danger my presence might cause has long passed and if the community would want me back. Either way, I believe this to be the only responsible thing to do for my own personal health and for the good of others in the All The Tropes community.

Until further notice, my role there is at an end. Whether it resumes at a later date is uncertain, but until further notice, I will be doing other things.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Farewell to My Father

 My father just passed April 1, 2024 6:36 PM. For those reading this, I want to make absolutely clear the world lost a great man named John ...