Saturday, April 27, 2019

Good Youtube Channel for history related topics

Call me one sad little autist, but learning history is my thing. Most people would be content curling up with a good novel at night, you could hand me a good history book and I'd get the same benefit from it.

And that's when I discovered this:



Oversimplified is a video series done by a guy who promotes historically based games, but in exchange for some openly admitted plugs for these titles, done for the obvious purposes of covering costs for his channel, you do learn some actual history, only in a such a way that if fought sleep in IRL history classes, you won't watching this.

For starters, this guy makes it all very plain English, with helpful illustrations and humor to make the learning portion less boring.

Second, you get the condensed, relevant facts. No long, boring explanations, this stuff was made for people with attention spans of a gnat.

Finally, you get the two in one deal of some decent games getting pitched to you as good ideas to buy them, and some funny yet informative lessons about actual history.

Even if all the games that get promoted on this channel don't inspire you to play them, if you want to be entertained and possibly learn something while doing so, you could certainly do worse.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Farewell to My Father

 My father just passed April 1, 2024 6:36 PM. For those reading this, I want to make absolutely clear the world lost a great man named John ...