Tuesday, January 7, 2020

Iran and the US are gearing up for conflict, but it not a war I'd like to see, if that's what this is

As I write this, Iran is retaliating against the US for taking their head cloak and dagger man, who provably incited terrorists to attack one of our embassies.

As to taking down said inciter, they brought blood on their own head by hurting Americans and he paid the price for it. It's regrettable either side shed blood, but it is what it is.

But now it looks like there might be even more conflict that becomes a war over this, and I find nothing to be happy about. It was likely inevitable, and I doubt it could have been avoided, but killing people is nothing no one should be cheering for, at least not if you aren't a murderous animal.

If US troops have to fight this out, they have my support as an American citizen, but I hope their deaths are as few as possible and it ends as quickly as possible. As for the Iranians, I hope common sense breaks out and they decided to put down the sword before too many of them die by it. Enough have died already.

As for me, I'm going to have a lot to pray about, and since I can't do much about my worries, I'm turning it over to a higher power.

In the meantime, and I address both sides, it's in your mortal hands to quit killing one another and stopping this before it goes too far. For both your sakes, I strongly urge you heed that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Asiago Pressato, Pecorino Calabrese, and Green Wax Irish Cheddar, my impressions

 It's been a while since my last cheese review, so let's make up for that, shall we? This time I ordered a pound each of Asiago Pres...