Thursday, January 6, 2022

My resolutions for 2022

 I know, this likely would have been better said at the beginning of the month, but I needed to time to organize my thoughts on the subject, so here goes:


1. I want to cover more FOSS (free and open-source gaming) for ChristCenteredGamer.


Used to be, Linux was the backfoot in gaming, but in recent years has been fighting hard to remedy that, and some FOSS games have turned out to be just as good if not better than their commercial counterparts. I intend to try covering more and more of these FOSS gems because I'm genuinely pleased with the strides that the community has taken to stand alongside the profit-based games developers.


2. I want to continue to evangelize for Christ


If you read this blog, a few years ago, I was quite the heathen. Won't lie, my past still weighs heavily on me, and while I cannot escape it, nor will I shy from admitting it. Sin is my shackle like it is for everyone else on the planet, and while I still struggle against my own chains, I hope to help others liberate themselves as well.

Another reason I want to keep doing this is that, compared to my shameful past, I found it liberating to admit my sins freely. Shame has been very useful in keeping me from returning to many of my former habits, and while I'm far from being as virtuous as I'd like, I consider the goal a worthy one to strive for and wish to help others who feel the shame of their own sins find release from their confession and strive to not repeat them.


3. I plan to continue to avoid partisanship.


One thing last year taught me is getting involved in sectarian squabbles, political stuff, gossip, and other areas of human endeavor where people are sharpening daggers to stab one another with is childish, petty, and venal. If I'm to make any headway on my second resolution, I plan to continue to do what I started to do in the closing months of last year and refuse to be baited into such activities. An eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind, and I have no desire to contribute.


4. I want to further my creative talents.


I've had a ton of game-making resources piling up I have yet to touch that I really want to start doing something with this year. I've found writing both for entertainment and scholarly purposes to be a worthwhile project I wish to hone my skill in more, and I believe it is my duty to avoid falling prey to sloth. To avoid the third point's pitfalls, I also believe my time is better spent creating for others than destroying other people. Like my last blog post said, any man can destroy the works of other lives, but to save and contribute to those lives is a far worthier sets of laurels to aspire to.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Asiago Pressato, Pecorino Calabrese, and Green Wax Irish Cheddar, my impressions

 It's been a while since my last cheese review, so let's make up for that, shall we? This time I ordered a pound each of Asiago Pres...