Monday, February 29, 2016

Alright, got possible fixes for the Small Medal shop AND making certain spells have "Area of Effect"

After some discussions with the good people at the RPG Maker VX Ace forums, got a possible solution for the Small Medal issue, which will utilize a variable instead of a script, will try that and see if it works.

Also, in the earliest builds of my game I discovered targeting discrete enemy groups was not possible in VX Ace without scripting, but I just found one by Yanfly that will allow some form of this to work. It won't be EXACTLY like in Dragon Quest, more like "hit everyone in the target radius designated by the skill in question's indicated range marker" seen in games like Hyperdimension Neptunia, but I'm still going to try implementing it to make Mara much less of an "I win button" like she used to be.

This will require more time to balance stuff, but the end result should be worth it to keep the game balance in check.

Note: This does not make enemy skills that hit the party change, which is in line with the DQ games, which treated all active party members as one group of foes from the enemy POV, so enemies using skills will be unchanged.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Farewell to My Father

 My father just passed April 1, 2024 6:36 PM. For those reading this, I want to make absolutely clear the world lost a great man named John ...