Thursday, January 28, 2016

Discovered I'm going to have redo a LOT of special effects in my game

I've been testing out various functions in my game and have come to the conclusion that some scripts I was using need replaced due to incompatibility, being inefficient, or just a nightmare to configure and set up.

And that includes any fancy graphical effects, which I deliberately waited until I got everything else working to focus on.

Fortunately, this is not all bad. I have replacements lined up that should be much more efficient, and some have much simpler code as well, meaning it will run much faster even on toaster level PCs.

This does mean when I resume development I'm going to have to redo every fancy graphical effect event or scripted area from square one, which will be very, very tedious.


No comments:

Post a Comment