Wednesday, May 3, 2017

Closed Beta 2.20 of DQ1 Remake Feedback

I've already gotten some feedback from beta testers, and I've already fixed a lot of issues regarding UI problems, including screwed up text and number displays.

I reverted the player menu back to using the classic row format instead of the column view to fix a few more issues, but this is merely a cosmetic change.

Fonts had to be resized in several places for optimal display, and aside from a harmless "flash of unstyled content" glitch (the first character in the menu will briefly have their name and the "level' marker turn bold, then normal text), the menu is now free of UI problems, and the glitch is quite harmless for now, so I'm leaving it as a low priority to be fixed in later builds.

I have also begun experimenting with how to integrate content from DQ1 in any possible sequel, since I did have one planned, and I'm pleased to say my experiments with how to port content for us have proven quite successful, so any possible sequel, should I make one, will be able to incorporate areas from the original game in full (barring changes explicit to the sequel of course), which would be a great improvement over how most areas from the original DQ1 were greatly abbreviated in scope in DQ2.

Once beta testers finish getting back to me Beta 2.20 will enter public beta, and work will begin on the next build, in which the endings will be implemented, or such is the idea at this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Gamergate 2 is on, and I want no part of it

 This will not be a long post, but I just want to make clear, as someone who was involved in the first go-round of Gamergate, I want no part...