Monday, May 23, 2016

Finally have restored currency based Small Medal system to DQ1 Remake

I had to make a lot of sacrifices and cut a lot of corners when creating the 2.00 build of DQ1 Remake, and thanks to time constraints, that included leaving a lot of old features on the cutting room floor due to unresolved technical issues, such as my "Small Medals as currency" system like the stock Dragon Quest games did, and I wasn't happy with that.

Now, thanks to CasperGaming667's Currency script, they are BACK.

Unfortunately, this means I have a lot of work ahead of me to fix my game to use it.

It's entirely scripting based in implementation, meaning I must replace every instance where an item "Small Medal" was granted and replace it with a script call, and I need to add manual notifiers to events when Small Medals are granted because they won't otherwise show up, meaning I have to comb over hundreds if not thousands of events to make sure this properly happens.

That's means I have a lot of tedious work ahead of me, but it's either this or I'm stuck with a half assed game, so looks like I'll have to suck it up, roll up my sleeves, and get to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Gamergate 2 is on, and I want no part of it

 This will not be a long post, but I just want to make clear, as someone who was involved in the first go-round of Gamergate, I want no part...