Friday, February 19, 2016

New beta is likely going to be much larger in filesize

First off, just want to say I have a manic obsession with optimization and keeping file sizes low.

However, that may not be an option with my next beta, as all of the new portrait art, even optimized, is going to take up a lot more space, and since I'm doing a total replacement of all but a few characters with portraits, the size of the encrypted game archive will likely be bigger.

I'm also considering upgrading all of the RTP art to the point it's not required to run the game. It's still not finalized, but I'm heavily considering it.

I'm currently in the middle of doing a rump conversion of every faceset to portraits I possibly can, some screenshots of the new portraits will be posted soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A Farewell to My Father

 My father just passed April 1, 2024 6:36 PM. For those reading this, I want to make absolutely clear the world lost a great man named John ...