Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Why Something Awful and TV Tropes are not so different, and why they suck as result

I have a bone to pick with both sites, the former for being full of sanctimonious egomanical moderators who are largely corrupt and incompetent who happen to be deviants and utter losers taking marching orders from an easily butthurt middle aged man with no marketable talents and a pill and booze addiction, and the latter because their moderators are little better and they are run by a senior citizen who is also easily butthurt who, while having marketable talents, uses them to prop up an aging piece of crap for a wiki engine, and who sold out his site's integrity like Lowtax did his so he make money off of it, and as result I think very little of both men and their subordinates in a professional sense.

That said, both, despite their differences in age, could have been separated at birth. Something Awful used to not give a crap about forum invasions, hosted torrents, and was the predecessor to 4chan (until m00t sold out his integrity as well) in being a legitimately funny and entertaining website. Then Lowtax discovered advertisers wouldn't get near him and was too incompetent to work out a financial arrangement that wouldn't require cashing in what made his community great, so he hired an idiot named Radium to maintain his ancient version of vBulletin and got a bunch of corrupt, powertripping losers and deviants to be moderators (such as a sack of crap named Fistgrrl who maintained a spreadsheet of traitorous goons who were banned for offsite sins, and Aatrek, a convicted child molestor), and as a result the forum became a hugbox for some of the saddest jackasses on the planet to SJW what was left of SA into the ground, grab a shovel, then keep digging.

Fast Eddie used to run a website that was legit funny and entertaining for awhile, until he discovered being too hands off resulted in pissing off advertisers, so he pulled a Lowtax, got his own brood of losers and assholes to mod for free (like that assbag Fighteer), then banned any hint of negativity or anything that hurt his cash flow to protect his feels and trailer park rent, and as result TV Tropes is in the same miserable state as the website he famously called a "vile pit of hate".

tl;dr version - Fast Eddie and Lowtax are more alike than they think, and their sites suck as a result.

8 comments:

  1. Eh, that's small potatoes compared to other crap Lowtax has pulled. If anything the fact most of the stench of that place is hidden from the world most of the time is a net plus.

    I admit not every goon is pathetic sack of crap (I still have one I'm glad to say I had some pleasant emails with and whose assistance in making ATT less scummy I forever appreciate), just like every member of TVT isn't a horrible person (I'm an member myself), but Fast Eddie and Lowtax will have my everlasting scorn for all the crap they pulled.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Edit: I'm not formally banned from TV Tropes, as far as I know, just Fast Eddie told me to never post there again, and I'm going to honor that pledge to stay away and never darken his doorstep since I'm not welcome.

      Delete
  2. Personally, while the SJW is walled off only for idiots with no brains to get through, there's still plenty of good LPs behind that damn wall. The archive canmt update fast enough, and most of the development and context is lost in transition.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yeah, just saw this:

    http://fucknotvtropes.tumblr.com/post/101768585336/hello-i-have-seen-your-tumblr-a-few-weeks-ago-and-i#notes

    You have any full opinions other than "Don't trust FE, he'll find a loophole and steal all your money"?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I advised getting a copyright lawyer if someone did buy out TV Tropes due to Fast Eddie pissing on the good name of free content licenses (no need to inherit legal problems), but I doubt his greedy hands will let go of that site until he's dead.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Why? Fascisti keeps whining about how he's lazy and refuses to update or show the code, claiming that it's "TOTALLY NOT PMWIKI MY GOOGLEBOUNCE SAYS SO", and he keeps whining about how the advertisers are "SOOOOOOOOOOO STRICT plzhugmoar". You'd think buying him off with a couple dozen G's would give him relief, especially since with advertisement money, you'd be lucky to break even without getting another job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You forgot ego. Fast Eddie has a bunch of sycophants and tropers who don't know better who love and adore the hugbox he has created, and as long as they continue to suck him off (metaphorically and for all I know, literally), he'd be hard pressed to just let that go.

      If people wanted someone other than me to take ATT in a new direction, I'd be happy to step aside, since that's what community consensus means, and unlike Lowtax and Fast Eddie, I didn't blow a lot of my own money into my website, so I have little financial loss to walk away from.

      Delete

Gamergate 2 is on, and I want no part of it

 This will not be a long post, but I just want to make clear, as someone who was involved in the first go-round of Gamergate, I want no part...